The Owhanake Suite is on our lower level, overlooking the shimmering Owhanake Bay. Open the doors onto the private balcony and the citrus grove below falls away into magnificent beach and landscape views, the northern Waiheke coast and Hauraki Gulf.
FROM NZD $790
- Super-King or Split King Twin beds
- Luxury Belgian linens
- Stansborough 100% New Zealand wool throws
- Tea and coffee facilities, with delicious dairy- and gluten free baking
- Classic Artemide Tolomeo lamps, restored classic occasional chair and side table
- HDTV, DVD player, Bose Wave radio/cd player with Bluetooth and remote
- Underfloor heating, ceiling fan, hair dryer
- Wi-Fi and hardwired internet
- In-room safe
- Large outside deck with table and chairs
- Private access
- Luxury cotton bathrobes and carpet slippers
- Exquisite toiletries from Lather and Ashley & Co
- Large full-flow rain head shower with adjustable massage flows.
- Arrival transfers from Matiatia ferry or from point of arrival on-island if by seaplane or light aircraft
- Transfers to your chosen dinner location within the local area (dinner costs and return your care)
- Use of all Marino Ridge's comforts and amenities, including reception, onsite staff and daily housekeeping
- Delicious gourmet breakfasts, much from our potager gardens and grove, changing daily
- Departure transfers to Matiatia ferry or to point of departure off-island if by seaplane or light aircraft
You are just moments away from a track that leads directly to the beach. From the Owhanake Suite, it’s a pleasant stroll under the terrace to the 16m pool and hot tub. In inclement weather you can access this patio area, library and lounges via an internal stairwell. Because of its position Owhanake is utterly private, It enjoys all the facilities of the other Suites but for a bath, and has lower ceilings. It features an avant garde open plan en-suite with shower, its facilities offering a similar expansive view of the bay and beyond as is enjoyed from the bedroom even though the toilet and shower are set discreetly behind a separating but open wall.
Chill in any one of several private outdoor spaces, enjoy the bushwalks on the property, the coastal walks that start at the bottom of Marino Ridge's valley, cool off on return in the bay then stroll up the hill to a rejuvenating shower by the hot spa and then peel off a few laps in our heated pool. Or take a book from our library, curl up on a couch - inside or out - or maybe a sun lounger by the pool. Unwind, relax, chill. Have fun! Take the hot spa.
Or for an additional fee we can arrange a relaxing massage. Heli-fishing, heli-tours, heli-arrivals and -departures, personalised sightseeing and/or wine and/or food tours, the community art and other galleries, local history, music museum, scenic horse tours, salt water fly fishing adventures, kayaking, segway tours, cycling and e-cycling - are all available to you.
We’ll take you to dinner at a nearby restaurant of your choice (dinner and return your care). Let us know which you'd prefer and if you are early enough we'll get the best seat in the house for you that we can... On return, sleep the well earned sleep in quiet comfort and luxury, and wake to the sounds of the tui and other native birds. Breakfast in leisurely fashion on the terrace deck overlooking the bay and gulf beyond - or on your deck in private, by arrangement - drink in the extraordinary tranquility and peace. Leave rested and revitalised, re-invigorated, recharged.
Access to the 16.5 meter lap pool (heated in season), hot tub and open-air hot shower is via the outside boardwalk, the library entrance or the main lounge.
Marino Ridge was not designed as a child-friendly property and is not suitable for children younger than 12 years Of course you may bring your children of that age or older if that's your wish, but only on the understanding and explicit agreement from you that you take full personal responsibility for their safety and behaviour (and of any child you admit to the property) both in and around the Marino Ridge property and around neighbouring private properties and in public coastal areas. You explicitly absolve Marino Ridge from any and all responsibility for their safety and any and all consequences of their behaviour.
A wonderful relaxing stay at this lovely place. We have really enjoyed the hospitality, the comfort and design of the place, and the delicious food and wine. A
RELUCA & JOHN
We so want you to now how much we have enjoyed your hospitality! You've made this part of our vacation most memorable and one of the best on our journey.
BARTON & KAY
An absolutely sublime experience, one that we can't hope to repeat unless we return. Which we shall. Caroline and Pete - thank you so much!
FIONA & MAC