The Ākarana Suite - Maori for ‘Auckland’- looks west through our Nikau glade and enjoys glimpses of Auckland’s Sky Tower and the city lights. Views south and east are across the adjoining landscapes, Owhanake Bay and the northern Waiheke coastline.
From: NZD $1165
- Luxury Belgian linens
- In-room safe
- Separate access
- Super-King or Split King Twin beds
- Stansborough 100% New Zealand wool throws
- Tea and coffee facilities, with delicious dairy and gluten free baking
- Classic Artemide Tolomeo lamps, restored classic occasional chair and side table
- HDTV, DVD player (on request), Bose Wave radio/cd player with Bluetooth and remote
- Underfloor heating, ceiling fan, hair dryer
- Free Wi-Fi and hardwired internet
- Large outside viewing deck with occasional chair, footstool, table and chairs
- Luxury cotton bathrobes, carpet slippers on request
- Exquisite toiletries from Ashley & Co
- Inviting full size bath
- Electric skylight with blackout blind and remote
- Large full-flow rain head shower with adjustable massage flows.
- Arrival transfers from Matiatia ferry or from point of arrival on-island if by seaplane or light aircraft
- Transfers to your chosen dinner location within the local area (dinner costs and return your care)
- Use of all Marino Ridge's comforts and amenities, including reception, onsite staff and daily housekeeping
- Delicious gourmet breakfasts, much from our potager gardens and grove, changing daily
- Departure transfers to Matiatia ferry or to point of departure off-island if by seaplane or light aircraft
The suite basks in glorious sunrises and late afternoon sun, and it has a generous deck where you can sit and relax, taking in the sweeping natural outlook. To the east you can see the beautiful Owhanake Bay and Coromandel Peninsula. And southwards, there’s a wonderful landscape of native bush which is teeming with wildlife and bird song.
Chill in any one of several private outdoor spaces, enjoy the bushwalks on the property, the coastal walks that start at the bottom of Marino Ridge's valley, cool off on return in the bay then stroll up the hill to a rejuvenating shower by the hot spa and then peel off a few laps in our heated pool. Or take a book from our library, curl up on a couch - inside or out - or maybe a sun lounger by the pool. Unwind, relax, chill. Have fun! Take the hot spa.
Or for an additional fee we can arrange a relaxing massage. Heli-fishing, heli-tours, heli-arrivals and -departures, personalised sightseeing and/or wine and/or food tours, the community art and other galleries, local history, music museum, scenic horse tours, salt water fly fishing adventures, kayaking, segway tours, cycling and e-cycling - are all available to you.
We’ll take you to dinner at a nearby restaurant of your choice (dinner and return your care). Let us know which you'd prefer and if you are early enough we'll get the best seat in the house for you that we can... On return, sleep the well earned sleep in quiet comfort and luxury, and wake to the sounds of the tui and other native birds. Breakfast in leisurely fashion on the terrace deck overlooking the bay and gulf beyond - or on your deck in private, by arrangement - drink in the extraordinary tranquility and peace. Leave rested and revitalised, re-invigorated, recharged.
Access to the 16.5 meter lap pool (heated in season), hot tub and open-air hot shower is through the library entrance or via the main lounge.
Marino Ridge was not designed as a child-friendly property and is not suitable for children younger than 16 years Of course you may bring your children of that age or older if that's your wish, but only on the understanding and explicit agreement from you that you take full personal responsibility for their safety and behaviour (and of any child you admit to the property) both in and around the Marino Ridge property and around neighbouring private properties and in public coastal areas. You explicitly absolve Marino Ridge from any and all responsibility for their safety and any and all consequences of their behaviour.
An exquisite stay, inclusive of canapés, local wines, breakfasts overlooking the picturesque bay and a beautiful room stocked with everything you may
JOSH & STEPH
Marino Ridge makes Waiheke. Unbelievable service and impeccably clean. Peter and Caroline are the best!
BILL AND SUZY
Thank you so much, Peter and Caroline. We arrived as strangers and left as friends. We cannot imagine a more relaxing and stylish place to start our travels in
BEN & BELINDA
There really is Paradise!!! Thanks to Caroline and Peter everything was (is) perfect.
RUTH AND WERNER
Perfection. We couldn't have asked for more…
CAMILLA AND LEE
We have both thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Marino Ridge: accommodation, food and welcome have been first class. A wonderful start to our tour of New Zealand.
ALLISON & LLOYD
A wonderful relaxing stay at this lovely place. We have really enjoyed the hospitality, the comfort and design of the place, and the delicious food and wine. A
RELUCA & JOHN